Tuesday, April 14, 2009

RoboForm and GPT offers: Helpful tool or Harmful bot

Recently, many sites banned the use of Roboform because they have begun to consider it a "bot or macro". Needless to say, many people still use the software, and as of now, I do not know of anyone being banned for it. However, I have found that it can impact which offers credit. I am not sure how, or if, it is detected, but I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention. If you continue to use Roboform on GPT offers, make sure to spend a "normal" amount of time. I do not know this for a fact, but offers seem to credit normally if the forms are submitted with some time in between. This is most likly the cause of the problem. If you use Roboform, use it to save work, not time. Wait after it is done on each page before continuing. As long as you arn't hitting 30 radio buttons in less than half of a second, you should be fine.

Good Luck!
Blog Directory